NEC Coach Treece Leaves, Job Open
NEC Coach Treece Leaves, Job Open
New England College Head Coach Jeremy Treece has stepped down from his post.
Treece apparently did so late last week, and the position is officially open.
New England College has announced it is looking for a new coach.
Below is the job description:
New England College Men's Rugby Head Coach
This position effectively organizes and instructs all phases of a competitive Division I club men’s rugby program, which includes, coaching, recruiting, scheduling, roster and budget management, academic support, fundraising, alumni engagement, community outreach, supervising assistant coaches and ensuring that the program operates within the spirit and intent of league/ conference rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit student athletes. Contact and visit high schools, tournaments, showcases and summer camps; evaluate athletic performance and potential; meet with students, parents, coaches, guidance counselors to discuss the NEC athletic and academic programs; do background research on students to assess likelihood of succeeding academically and socially at NEC, in addition to athletically; coordinate recruitment efforts with admissions office;
- Mentor students-athletes to augment and sustain retention rates, in addition to serving as a leader in the transformative education process. Interact with students and assist in their growth and development; effectively support team and departmental discipline procedures; provide appropriate academic support and counseling; assist in career counseling of individual student-athletes;
- Prepare teams for competition. Select, prepare and direct athletic teams for practices and games, including assessing opposing teams; utilize knowledge of exercise science to ensure proper physical readiness of team members;
- Assist in carrying out various administrative functions in the department as assigned. Supervise part-time, volunteer and student employees; oversee home event management as necessary; manage game scheduling; stay current on relevant NEC and conference rules and enforce the spirit, as well as the letter of those rules;
- Assist in the fiscal management of the athletic team(s) coached. Participate in team budget preparation; manage cash and receipts for team travel; set budget for training trips; oversee fund raising necessary to supplement sport budget; follow NEC guidelines for fiscal procedures;
- Serve as active member of the department and NEC community. Initiate and participate in various community service activities; attend department meetings; actively pursue opportunities to serve NEC in areas outside the athletic department; develop and implement department public relations in conjunction with the sports information director.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- 3-5 years of college-level playing experience at the 7’s and 15’s
- 1 or more years of high school, club and/or college coaching experience preferred
- A combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired may also be acceptable
- Flexibility to work between academic year calendars for recruiting and pre-season planning
- Flexible hours including evenings and weekends
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume and list of three references (names and contact information) to: MensRugbyCoachSearch@nec.edu. Review of application materials begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Very nice speaking with you yesterday. Here is the job description for FULL-TIME HEAD MEN'S RUGBY COACH - NEW ENGLAND COLLEGE. Please post to USA Rugby. I would also appreciate it if you would circulate it to any other groups or coaches who may be interested. Thank you.
Director of Athletics
New England College